Sunday, July 17, 2011

American Samoa

First of all i know that i am the worst blogger ever, its been an entire year since my last post, but my goal is to do better! i want to have a new post done everyday so my family back home can see what we are up to.
Last week my little family moved to American Samoa for a job that the company is doing. I was so nervous to move all the way out here in the Pacific Ocean, but so far so good!! I absolutely love it here, its going to be hard for me to go back home! Even the flights went good, i always stress about flying with Paxton but this trip i was extra worried about. On Friday we left St. George and stayed the night in Vegas, we woke up early and caught our 6 hour flight to Oahu, Hawaii. We stayed on the island for two nights to give Paxton a break from traveling and to have some fun! it was crazy to be back on Oahu, I felt like i had never left. Then on monday afternoon we took another 6 hour flight to samoa. after landing and going through customs and immigrations we FINALLY made it!
This island is beautiful and it is so fun having friends to hang out with! we go for bike rides, hang out at the beach, and just have a good time together. its so awesome that we all get along so good and we are such good friends. I seriously have the best life!! Everyone we have met so far seems to be so nice and giving, and they all LOVE Paxton. The people here aren't used to seeing a little white boy with blonde hair! They all think he is just the cutest thing ever(which he is).
Paxton is a true "samoan" already! he goes everywhere in just a swimming suit! No shirt or shoes required and he loves it! He has a blast playing in the "Big Sand Box" and swimming in the "Big Pool". I love just watching him as he plays and i can just see him soaking everything up around him. He is so lucky to have traveled and lived in so many unique places in his short little life. I'm grateful that me and him are able to travel with Daniel when he works, it would be so hard to be away and miss out on all these crazy adventures!
The other day while exploring we stopped at a beach and the boys did some snorkeling. They found hundreds of these blue star fish and Paxton loved holding them. It was fun to see the boys all hanging out together and having boy time while the girls layed at the beach. I seriously am so happy that we are ALL such good friends! it makes it not seem like work but more like just a big vacation! The only thing that would make it better is if my mom and sister were here, i miss them so much!!
Daniel and the star fish he caught! I love that Daniel finds little treasures in the Ocean for Paxton, he is always finding sea shells and other things for him! He is the best dad i could ever ask for my children.
This looks like a picture from a postcard but its at a beach right where we are staying! we are SO lucky!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh are you kidding me its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I'm glad you are loving and and so glad you are going to be updating:) Paxtons so big!! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy you updated!!!!! I miss you guys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo fun!! i just read through all the posts till here and what a fun adventure~~

    ReplyDelete